Together in Movement and Exercise Classes
TIMETM (Together in Movement and Exercise) is an exercise program that helps you to improve your mobility while you live independently in your home community.
TIME classes are designed for:
Adults with conditions such as:
- Acquired brain injury
- Multiple sclerosis
- Other mobility concerns
What does the program include?
- One-hour circuit-based exercise classes, led by fitness trainers at local recreational centers in partnership with Fraser Health
- Practical techniques for you to practice on your own at home
- Opportunities to meet with other class participants with similar conditions and support each other
How can I access the service?
You can register for classes through your community recreation centre. Check your local rec guide for the current class schedule.
|Abbotsford||Abbotsford Recreation Centre
2499 McMillan Road
|Chilliwack||Chilliwack Family YMCA
45844 Hocking Ave
|Coquitlam||Poirier Sports & Leisure Complex
630 Poirier Street
|Langley||Walnut Grove Community Centre
8889 Walnut Grove Drive
Mission Leisure Centre
Centennial Community Centre
|Port Coquitlam||Hyde Creek Recreation Centre
1379 Laurier Ave
|Port Moody||Port Moody Recreation Complex
300 Ioco Road
Tong Louie Family YMCA - Starts September 2016
How much does it cost?
The cost of the program varies slightly from community to community. The average cost is just over $10 per class.
Home is Best
TIME is part of Fraser Health’s larger Community REDi (Rehab Early Discharge) initiative. Community REDi puts the Home is Best philosophy into action by supporting you to live at home as independently as possible by
- providing outpatient rehabilitation to support early discharge and transition from a hospital setting to your home community
- partnering to provide programs, such as TIME, to help you to self-manage your condition more effectively over time in your community