Find out where to book an immunization appointment and what to expect when you get there.
Where can I get immunized?
Vaccines that are part of the B.C. routine immunization schedules are free and can be provided by your:
- Family doctor
- Pharmacists (for those 5 years and older)
- Public health nurse
Contact your doctor, pharmacist or Public Health for an appointment. Vaccines that are not part of B.C.’s routine immunization schedules are not free. These vaccines can be provided at a cost by your doctor, pharmacist or travel clinic.
Mobile Public Health Services (Powered by Telus) are available to youth at Surrey community sites. Please contact your local public health unit in Surrey for more information.
Community vaccine providers
Please ensure to call in advance for availability or to book an appointment
- Address: 2845 Cruickshank street
- Phone: 604-504-0060
London Drugs #16 - West Oaks Mall
- Address: #26 - 32700 South Fraser Way
- Phone: 604-853-6811
London Drugs #85 - High Street Mall
- Address: Unit L 110 - 3122 Mt. Lehman Rd
- Phone: 604-870-3790
Save on Foods Pharmacy #2221
- 102 – 3343 North Road - Burnaby
T&T Pharmacy (Metrotown)
- Address: 147-4800 Kingsway - Burnaby
- Phone: 778-328-8770
- Address: 110-4650 Kingsway - Burnaby
- Phone: 604-433-3760
Shoppers Drug Mart #253
- Address: 7155 Kingsway - Burnaby
- Phone: 604-256-2848
Save On Foods Pharmacy #996
- Address: 4399 Lougheed Highway - Burnaby
- Phone: 604-298-5173 Ext. 3
London Drugs #06 - 5000 Kingsway Plaza
- Address: 4970 Kingsway
- Phone: 604-437-9621
London Drugs #25 - Lougheed Town Centre
- Address: #101 - 9855 Austin Avenue
- Phone: 604-444-2222
London Drugs #56 - Brentwood Town Centre
- Address: #400 - 4567 Lougheed Hwy
- Phone: 604-570-0252
London Drugs #71 - Marine & Byrne
- Address: 7280 Market Crossing
- Phone: 604-412-4171
Shoppers Drug Mart #2255
- Address: #104-3433 North Road
- Phone: 604-415-0312 ext. 33
Shoppers Drug Mart #2158
- Address: 110F 6640 Vedder Rd.
- Phone: 604-847-3496 x3
London Drugs #41 - Cottonwood Mall
- Address: #21 - 45585 Luckakuck Way
- Phone: 604-858-8347
Save-On-Foods #2237 Pharmacy – Cottonwood Mall
- Address: 45585 Luckakuck Way
- Phone: 604-847-4348
Save-On-Foods Pharmacy #952
- Address: 31 – 6014 Vedder Rd. Chilliwack, BC
- Phone: 604-824-1106
- Address: 5186 - 48th Avenue - Ladner
- Phone: 604-946-4474
The Medicine Shoppe Pharmacy
Paul W. Gibbons
- Address: 1363 56th Street Unit 44
London Drugs #17 - Scott 72 Mall
- Address: #7303 - 120th Street
- Phone: 604-591-9544
London Drugs #37 - Trenant Park Mall
- Address: 5237 - 48th Avenue
- Phone: 604-946-5642
Shoppers Drug Mart #2161
- Address: 217-5000 Canoe Pass Way - Tsawwassen
- Phone: 604-948-0164 ext. 33
- 4061 - 200 St - Langley
Pharmasave Fort Langley
- 101 - 23148 96 Avenue - Fort Langley
- (604) 882-0611
Happy Face Pharmacy
- Address: #7 8590 200 St - Langley
- Phone: 604-371-2794
Pharmasave Langley City #12
Khaled Esseldin - Hanae Ismail - Lilian Ho
- Address: #101 20644 Fraser Hwy - Langley
- Phone: 604-533-7322
Shoppers Drug Mart #2266
- Address: 26310 Fraser Hwy Unit 70 - Aldergrove
- Phone: 604-607-1445
Valley Everygreen Pharmacy
- Address: 20577 Douglas Crescent - Langley
- Phone: 604-534-1332
London Drugs #37 - Langley
- Address: 1B - 20202 - 66th Ave
- Phone: 604-533-4631
Shoppers Drug Mart Pitt Meadows
- Address: 110-19150 Lougheed Hwy - Pitt Meadows
- Phone: 604-465-8122
London Drugs #37 - Valley Fair Mall
- Address: #101 - 22709 Lougheed Hwy
- Phone: 604-463-0991
- Address: #110 7343 Hurd St - Mission
- Phone: 604-820-1669
London Drugs #55 - Mission
- Address: #200 - 32555 London Avenue
- Phone: 604-820-8059
- Address: 866 12th St - New Westminster
- Phone: 604-540-1325
- Address: 447 East Columbia Street
- Phone: 604-553-8996
Save On Foods Pharmacy #916
- Address: 270 Columbia Street East
- Phone: 604-523-2583
London Drugs #03 - Westminster Centre
- Address: #100 - 555 Sixth Street
- Phone: 604-524-1121
Cedar Hills Drug Mart
- Address: 10269 128 St
- Phone: 604-930-0030
Clayton Heights Pharmacy
- Address: #102 7170 188 St
- Phone: 604-372-3808
Pharmasave Surrey Centre
- Address: #110 - 13798 94A Avenue
- Phone: 604-588-9888
Pharmasave Grandview Corners
- Address: #10 - 2448 160th Street
- Phone: 604-531-2690
Loblaw Pharmacy #4616
- Address: 3317-18765 Fraser Hwy
- Phone: 604-576-3126
- Address: 105-194 75th Fraser Hwy
- Phone: 604-533-1041
Shoppers Drug Mart #273
- Address: 15105 16th Avenue
- Phone: 604-536-8211
Shoppers Drug Mart #267
- Address: 10153 King George Hwy
- Phone: 604-588-6451 x 61
Save-On-Foods Pharmacy #903
- Address: 3033 152 St
- Phone: 604-538-5467 x3
Beyond Health & Medical Centre
- Address: #101 19211 Fraser Hwy
- Phone: 604-245-6069
- Address: #192 5967 168 St
- Phone: 604-372-0912
- Address: #150-17475 56 Ave
- Phone: 604-576-7823
Pharmasave Scott Town
- Address: 9558 120 St
- Phone: 604-581-4671
London Drugs #08 - London Station
- Address: 10348 King George Highway
- Phone: 604-584-3281
London Drugs #09 - Guildford Town Centre
- Address: #2300 - 10355 -152nd St
- Phone: 604-588-7881
London Drugs #75 - Cloverdale
- Address: #821 - 17685 64th Avenue
- Phone: 604-575-5880
London Drugs #81 - Morgan Crossing
- Address: #130 - 15850 26th Avenue
- Phone: 778-545-5380
London Drugs #42 - Peninsula Village - White Rock
- Address: #100 - 15355 - 24th Avenue
- Phone: 604-535-3281
- Address: 3-2185 Wilson Avenue, Port Coquitlam
- Phone: 604-942-4611
- Address: 1449 Prairie Avenue - Port Coquitlam
- Phone: 604-474-3050
- 2773 Barnet Hwy #3 - Coquitlam
- (604) 468-4038
- 3007 Glen Dr #103 - Coquitlam
- (604) 474-4977
Shoppers Drug Mart #2012
- Address: 3387 David Avenue, suite 102 - Coquitlam
- Phone: 778-284-2701 ext. 33
Lincoln Pharmacy & Travel Clinic
- Address: 3030 Lincoln Avenue, suite 137 - Coquitlam
- Phone: 604-464-1033
Pacific Prescriptions & Medical Supplies No. 2
- Address: 110 - 3001 Gordon Avenue - Coquitlam
- Phone: 604-552-6941
Shoppers Drug Mart #2209
- Address: #110-19150 Lougheed Hwy - Pitt Meadows
- Phone: 604-465-8122
Save on Foods #942
- Address: 1430 Prairie Avenue - Port Coquitlam
- Phone: 604-464-5089
London Drugs #15 - Coquitlam Centre
- Address: 1030-2929 Barnet Hwy - Coquitlam
- Phone: 604-464-3322
Parents with children aged 5-18 years:
Booking an immunization appointment with Public Health
Residents of Fraser East (Mission, Abbotsford, Chilliwack, Agassiz and Hope), call 604-702-4906
Residents in any other area of Fraser Health, call 604-476-7087
Hours of operation: Monday to Friday (8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m.)
Note: When making an appointment with Public Health, you will be offered a text message reminder through the ImmunizeBC text message reminder system.
What can I expect at an immunization appointment?
We ask that only one parent, or guardian, accompany a child for their immunization appointment due to COVID-19 safety precautions in order to allow for physical distancing. Parents may bring more than one child to the appointment if necessary. Translation services are available at the health unit.
You will be asked to give informed consent for immunization. In order to give informed consent, you will need to read about the vaccines your child will be receiving before you arrive at your appointment with Public Health.
A link to BC HealthFiles for vaccines given to infants and children (up to school entry) can be found on the B.C. routine immunization schedule.
Immunizations can make you and your child anxious. Learn how to make your child’s immunization experience a positive one.
Watch this 2-minute video to learn some tips about how it can be easier.
You will be asked to wait for 15 minutes after your immunizations as there is a rare possibility of a life-threatening allergic reaction called anaphylaxis. The chance of this reaction occurring is less than one in a million.
Can someone other than myself bring my child to his or her immunization appointment?
If you are having your child immunized at your public health unit, someone other than you may take your child for his or her immunizations.
Print and complete this letter. Make sure the adult taking your child brings it to the appointment. If you do not have a printer, provide a signed note that includes the following information:
- Name of parent/representative and his or her relationship to the child to be immunized.
- Name and birth date of child to be immunized.
- Name of person you are giving authority to consent.
- Date and signature of parent/representative who has delegated his or her authority.
The adult taking your child will need to be able to answer questions related to your child’s health, such as medical conditions and allergies.
Plan to be available by phone during your child’s appointment in case the public health nurse has questions that the accompanying adult cannot answer.
What should I do if I don't have my immunization records?
If you have no immunization records or you have recently moved to B.C., you will be given an appointment with a public health nurse to talk about what vaccines are recommended. You may be asked to provide any records you do have before the appointment. Please note that depending upon your history you may or may not be immunized at this appointment.
What can I expect after getting immunized?
Many people who get immunized have no side effects. For those that do, the side effects are usually mild like soreness, redness, or swelling where the vaccine was given. Some people get a fever. Some children sleep or cry more than usual. These side effects usually go away after a day or two. If you or your child experience side effects, you can:
- Put a clean, cool wet cloth on the sore area.
- Move around as usual – movement helps the soreness go away.
- Hold and cuddle your child.
- Let your child breastfeed more, or give them more to drink
- Give acetaminophen or ibuprofen. Follow the package instructions.
- Note: Ibuprofen should not be given to children under 6 months of age without first speaking to your health care provider. Never give aspirin (ASA) to children under 18 years of age.
Report serious or unexpected reactions to your health care provider.
Flu vaccines are provided by your doctor, pharmacist (for those 5 years and older) or public health nurse. Check out the flu locator for a clinic near you.
- Immunize BC: Vaccines for all ages
Learn about the vaccines that are recommended for you and your family, get answers to frequently asked questions about vaccines schedules, and find out why it's important to keep track of immunizations
- Centre for Pediatric Pain Research: Strategies for helping children with shots and needles
Get tips on ways to help your child when getting immunized.