Ways to have a healthy, active and safe summer.
While summer brings lots of healthy opportunities like farm fresh produce, more time outdoors and relaxing vacations, there are also summer health risks. Here are ways to have a healthy, active and safe summer.
Eat fresh, grow fresh and live fresh
Summer brings a bounty of fresh, local produce perfect for a family BBQ, celebration or just an everyday weekday dinner. Try lightening up your dishes and teach kids about balancing summer treats with healthy eats.
Warm summer weather is a perfect time to get outside and be more active.
- Vancouver Trails provides information on difficulty, distance and time to hike for trails across the Lower Mainland, Fraser Valley and Whistler region.
- Walk your way to health. A guide to local walking adventures for all generations.
- Unplugged. Kid-approved, off-screen activities.
- Super duper summer. Parents share their favourite summer activities.
- Tough Rocker Guide. Seven tips for summer music festival survival.
- Sun and heat safety. How to stay safe in the sun and ways to beat the heat.
- Surprising sunscreen facts to keep you and your family sun safe.
- Summer food safety. Reduce your risk of food borne illness.
- Safety tips for swimmers.
- Window safety for children. Tips to prevent falls out of windows and balconies.
- Bike safety. Tips to keep you and your family safe while biking.
- Travel health. What to keep in mind before you go.
- Travel during pregnancy. Car and airline travel safety while pregnant.