A list of current outbreaks in our facilities.
Residential or hospital
|Unit||Type of outbreak||Notes|
December 6, 2019
|Langley Lodge||Residential||Gastrointestinal illness (GI)||
Last update: December 6, 2019
The current active outbreak list is updated when new outbreaks are declared. When an outbreak is over, the facility is removed from the list.
We ask all visitors to use our hand hygiene stations when they enter and exit our facilities, particularly if there is a reported outbreak.
- If you have any of the following, please do not visit at this time:
- Vomiting or diarrhea
- Cough or flu-like symptoms
- Hand hygiene stations are located at every entrance/exit in all our facilities and we ask that you use the alcohol-based hand rub so that you don’t bring any germs into the hospital, nor take any home.
- Please read and follow the outbreak notice posters located at the entrance of any unit declared with an outbreak. If you need help or further information, ask one of the staff at the nursing station.
- Help yourself to any disease information pamphlets located on the unit, regarding the particular outbreak.
- You will be asked to repeat hand hygiene just before you enter the patient’s room and immediately when you leave their room.
- If you are visiting someone who is located on an outbreak unit, visitors may be limited to two people at a time. Please do not visit other patient rooms or common areas on the unit such as the lounge and patient kitchenette. We also recommend you don’t visit public areas in the hospital such as the cafeteria and gift shop.