|Date declared||Location||Residential or Hospital||Unit and/or Program||Outbreak Type||Comments|
|January 4||Langley Lodge||Residential||4th floor||Influenza A||Scenario A|
|January 4||Normanna Care Home||Residential||Nordheim and Ostheim Units||Influenza A||Scenario A|
|January 9||Queen's Park Healthcare||Residential||Rehab 3WA||Respiratory infection|
|January 9||West Shore Laylum||Residential||Gastrointestinal illness|
|January 10||Dania Home||Residential||Christensen unit||Influenza A|
|January 10||Deltaview Life Enrichment Centre||Residential||Alpine Meadows unit||Influenza A||Scenario A|
|January 10||Kin Village Retirement Centre||Residential||Respiratory illness|
|January 11||Peace Portal Residential||Residential||Influenza A||Scenario A|
|January 11||Laurel Place||Residential||Respiratory illness||Scenario A|
|January 11||Clayton Heights||Residential||Prairie Station unit||Influenza A||Scenario A|
|January 12||Cascade Lodge||Residential||2A and 2B units||Respiratory illness||Scenario A|
|January 12||Nicola Lodge||Residential||Dewdney, Riverside, Sockeye neighbourhood||Influenza A||Scenario A|
|January 12||North Crest Care Centre||Residential||Trillium and Dogwood units||Influenza A||Scenario A|
|January 14||Crescent Garden Retirement Community||Residential||Garden Avenue Unit||Influenza A||Scenario A|
|January 15||Waverley Seniors Village||Residential||Influenza A||Scenario A|
|January 16||The Mayfair Senior Living||Residential||Influenza A||Scenario A|
|January 17||Weatherby Pavilion||Residential||Gastrointestinal illness|
|January 17||Cartier House||Residential||Respiratory illness||Scenario A|
Updated January 17, 2017.
The current active outbreaks list is updated when new outbreaks are declared. When an outbreak is over, the facility is removed from the list.
Respiratory illnesses are reported below as Scenarios A or B.
- Scenario A illnesses are respiratory illness outbreaks in which Influenza is known or suspected as cause.
- Scenario B illnesses are respiratory illness outbreaks characterized by serious illness – while not Influenza, illness is more than “a bad cold” in many or most of those affected.
Gastrointestinal illnesses do not require Scenario classification.
We ask all visitors to use our hand hygiene stations when they enter and and exit our facilities, particularly if there is a reported outbreak.
- If you have any of the following, please do not visit at this time:
- Vomiting or diarrhea
- Cough or flu-like symptoms
- Hand hygiene stations are located at every entrance/exit in all our facilities and we ask that you use the alcohol-based hand rub so that you don’t bring any germs into the hospital, nor take any home
- Please read and follow the outbreak notice posters located at the entrance of any unit declared with an outbreak. If you need help or further information, ask one of the staff at the nursing station.
- Help yourself to any disease information pamphlets located on the unit, regarding the particular outbreak.
- You will be asked to repeat hand hygiene just before you enter the patient’s room and immediately when you leave their room.
- If you are visiting someone who is located on an outbreak unit, visitors may be limited to 2 people at a time. Please do not visit other patient rooms or common areas on the unit such as the lounge and patient kitchenette. We also recommend you don’t visit public areas in the hospital such as the cafeteria and gift shop.