Useful tips for what you can do and where you can get support for some common challenges you may encounter in your breastfeeding/chestfeeding journey,
Some of the topics covered in this module:
- Milk supply
- Fussy and sleepy baby
- Slow weight gain
- Inverted nipples
- Painful latch
- Sore nipples
- Nipple shield use
- Flat or inverted nipples - HealthLink BC
A resource to help you breastfeed/chestfeed if your nipples are flat or inverted.
- Alternative feeding methods for newborns - HealthLink BC
A video resource for when breastfeeding/chestfeeding may not be possible.
- Caring for damaged nipples when you're breastfeeding/chestfeeding - HealthLink BC
Information on caring for sore and damaged nipples.
- Baby's Best Chance - Soreness (Page 98)
Information on sore nipples, plugged ducts and engorgement.
- Baby’s Best Chance - Breastfeeding/Chestfeeding challenges you may face (Page 91)
Information on inverted nipples, tongue ties, and spitting up.
- Baby’s Best Chance - Jaundice (Page 80)
Information on jaundice in babies.
- Managing poor weight gain in your breastfed/chestfeed infant - John Hopkins Medicine
Information on slow weight gain in breastfed/chestfed babies.
- Breastfeeding/Chestfeeding - Using a nipple shield
Nipple shield information for breastfeeding/chestfeeding mothers, including when and how to use it, how to wean baby off using the shield and how to clean the shield.
- Increasing breast/chest milk supply
The brochure provides information about increasing milk supply for breastfeeding/chestfeeding persons.
English | Arabic | Simplified Chinese | Traditional Chinese | Farsi | Korean | Vietnamese
- Increasing your milk supply while your baby is in the neonatal intensive care unit
The brochure provides information on increasing your milk supply while your baby is in the neonatal intensive care unit.
- Sleepy baby – why and what to do? - La Leche League Great Britain
Resources for why your baby may be sleepy and what you can do to help your sleepy baby breastfeed/chestfeed well.
- Tongue and lip ties - La Leche League International
Resources for tongue and lip ties to reduce pain during breastfeeding/chestfeeding.
- My baby fusses or cries when breastfeeding/chestfeeding – what’s the problem? - Kellymom
Reasons why your baby may be fussy and how you can help them.
- How might I increase the baby’s weight gain? - Kellymom
Things you can do if your breastfed/chestfed baby has slow weight gain.
- What is the period of purple crying? - Purple Crying
Information on period of purple crying and tips you can use to help you and your baby get through it.