Learn about lifestyle choices and situations that affect your life that you may be wondering about when breastfeeding/chestfeeding.
Some of the topics covered:
- Dietary considerations
- Pregnancy spacing
- Breastfeeding/Chestfeeding and COVID-19 - BC Centre of Disease Control
Breastfeeding/chestfeeding protects babies when they are sick and when others around them are sick.
- COVID-19 and breastfeeding/chestfeeding FAQ - Perinatal Services BC
A printable resource to answer common questions about breastfeeding/chestfeeding during the pandemic.
- Being sick and breastfeeding/chestfeeding - Kellymom
Resource for breastfeeding/chestfeeding your baby when you are sick.
- Breastfeeding/Chestfeeding my baby - Perinatal Services BC
Learn about breastfeeding/chestfeeding since it is the normal and healthiest way to feed your baby.
- Increasing breast/chest milk supply
The brochure provides information about increasing milk supply for breastfeeding/chestfeeding persons.
English | Arabic | Simplified Chinese | Traditional Chinese | Farsi | Korean | Vietnamese
- Healthy eating for pregnancy and breastfeeding/chestfeeding
Brochure on healthy eating during pregnancy and breastfeeding/chestfeeding
English | Arabic | Traditional Chinese | French
- Nutrition while breastfeeding/chestfeeding - HealthLink BC
Guidance on eating various foods can help you get all the nutrients you need while breastfeeding/chestfeeding.
- Nutrition for the breastfeeding/chestfeeding persons - Alberta Health Services
A resource for health care professionals to support breastfeeding/chestfeeding persons.
- Mercury in fish - HealthLinkBC
Information on the mercury content of fish
- Healthy weight loss after pregnancy - Unlockfood.ca
Read on to get tips to lose weight healthily and gradually.
- Breastfeeding/Chestfeeding: Exercise and weight loss - HealthLink BC
Information on exercising and weight loss while breastfeeding/chestfeeding.
- Baby's Best Chance - Exercise (Page 22)
Resource on exercising prenatally, postpartum and during breastfeeding/chestfeeding.
- Weight loss products - La Leche League Virginia
Information for breastfeeding/chestfeeding persons to avoid taking dietary supplements and herbal medicines.
- Family planning
Learn about birth control options and things to consider before you plan your next pregnancy.
- Baby’s Best Chance - Family Planning (Page 61)
Resource providing information on family planning after having a baby.
- Breastfeeding/Chestfeeding and sex: Five surprising facts - New Parent Support
Feeding your baby can have a huge impact on your sex life – in a whole load of different ways.
- Sex after childbirth - HealthLink BC
Resource for sex after childbirth.
- Birth control methods - Options for Sexual Health
Check out fast facts on birth control methods.
- Contraception - Society of Gynecologists of Canada
Information on contraception options, including a downloadable booklet on effectiveness and other helpful tips
- Baby’s Best Chance - Medications, caffeine, alcohol, smoking, drugs and breastfeeding (Page 102)
Resource providing information about medications, caffeine, alcohol, smoking, drugs during breastfeeding/chestfeeding
Mixing alcohol and breastfeeding/chestfeeding - Best Start
Resource for birth parents and partners about drinking alcohol while breastfeeding/chestfeeding.
Learn more about cannabis and pregnancy - Society of Gynecologists of Canada
Being aware of the potentially harmful effects of cannabis on a healthy pregnancy and your baby’s development is important.
Things you need to know about cannabis, pregnancy and breastfeeding/chestfeeding - Society of Gynecologists of Canada
Printable resource for eight things you need to know about cannabis, pregnancy and breastfeeding/chestfeeding
Opioid agonist therapy and substance use in breastfeeding/chestfeeding
This pamphlet looks at opioid agonist therapy, substance use, alcohol use, and cannabis product use in breastfeeding/chestfeeding persons or who wish to breastfeed/chestfeed their baby.
Natural health products - HealthLink BC
Information on natural health products.
Toddler's First Steps - When your toddler stops breastfeeding/chestfeeding (Page 44)
Information to support your wean your baby from breastfeeding/chestfeeding.
Mental health and substance use resources you can trust.