Prepare yourself for breastfeeding/chestfeeding, including the importance of responding to early hunger cues and how to know that your baby is getting what they need.
- Do I have enough milk?
Knowing how often and how long to feed your baby.
- Get breastfeeding/chestfeeding off to a good start
General information on how to get the best start with breastfeeding/chestfeeding and how parents can know that their baby is getting enough milk.
- Video about the early days with your baby - Healthy Families BC
Watch to learn about how other pregnant persons felt after their deliveries and advice on how to best care for your newborn, including breastfeeding/chestfeeding.
- Baby’s Best Chance - Hunger (page 92)
Information on how much and how long to breastfeed/chestfeed, along with how you know your baby is getting enough milk.
- Baby’s Best Chance - Baby development (page 92)
Information on growth and developmental milestones.
- Newborn care - Perinatal Services BC
This website provides parents and families with information about caring for their newborn.
- Signs of a good feed - Healthy Families BC
Information on behaviours and the baby’s stomach size as they change over time.
- Baby feeding cues and behaviour - Healthy Families BC
A video to learn about what those feeding cues are and what action to take to ensure a good feed.