From temperature stability to learning and bonding with parents, learn about the key role of safe skin-to-skin cuddling with your baby in the early months.
- Safe Skin-to-Skin Cuddling
This brochure is available in the languages listed below and will teach you about the special benefits of doing as much skin to skin with your baby as possible.
English | Arabic | Simplified Chinese | Korean | Farsi | Punjabi | Tagalog | Spanish | Russian
- Baby’s Best Chance - Skin to skin (Page 91)
The section on skin to skin discusses the many benefits to you and baby that skin to skin offers, from safety and security, learning baby’s feeding cues, to how often you should be doing it in the early months.
- Kangaroo Care - Perinatal Services BC
How to provide Kangaroo Care for your baby and the reasons why.
- Newborn care - Perinatal Services of BC
Information on newborn care provided for families.
- Kangaroo care - The Canadian Pediatric Society
Resource for Canadian infants born preterm.
- Skin-to-skin - The Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation
The importance and benefits of skin to skin for babies.