Familiarize yourself with the many benefits of breastfeeding, including those for the baby, mother, family, the environment and society.
- Breastfeeding basics
Steps to getting started and guidelines for the first 48 hours.
- Breastfeeding - HealthlinkBC
Information on the benefits of breastfeeding your baby and how to know your baby is getting enough.
- Videos on breastfeeding - Healthy Families BC
Videos on breastfeeding including skin to skin, latch and positioning, hunger cues, hand expression, pumping, and other topics.
- Breastfeeding information for parents
An interactive online Ontario resource on breastfeeding for parents.
- Amazing milk - La Leche League Canada
Information on various positive impacts of breastfeeding.
- Ten great reasons to breastfeed your baby - Public Health Agency of Canada
Learn ten great reasons to breastfeed your baby.
- Breastfeeding and the environment - La Leche League Great Britain
Breastfeeding is one of the best ways to protect both our planet’s ecosystems and our health.
- Nutrition for healthy term infants: recommendations from birth to six months - Health Canada
Joint statement on infant feeding by Health Canada, Canadian Pediatric Society, Dieticians of Canada and Breastfeeding Committee for Canada.
- Infant feeding recommendation - World Health Organization
Review their recommendation on infant feeding.