Learn about the importance and mechanics of a good latch for breastfeeding/chestfeeding success and help grow and protect your long term milk supply.
- Breastfeeding/chestfeeding Basics
Learn about latching, do I have enough milk, and how you can make ensure your baby and you have a good feeding attachment.
- Latching your baby - Healthy Families BC
Video on how to latch your baby for successful breastfeeding/chestfeeding.
- Signs of a good feed - Healthy Families BC
Information on behaviours and the baby’s stomach size as they change over time.
- How to know your baby is getting enough milk - La Leche League Canada
Printable information sheet on how to know if your baby is getting enough milk, including diaper counting and normal weight gain
- Baby’s Best Chance - Is my baby getting enough milk? (page 92)
Information on how to know if your baby is getting enough breastmilk.
- Latching your baby - Public Health - Region of Peel Ontario Public Health
Picture and video resources on latching your baby effectively.
- Breastfeeding/chestfeeding videos - International Breastfeeding Centre
Video resources for breastfeeding/chestfeeding by Dr. Jack Newman, a Canadian pediatrician and world-renowned lactation expert.
- Attaching your baby at the breast/chest - Global Health Media
Video resource on attaching your baby at the breast/chest, principles of good attachment and how vital it is to breastfeeding/chestfeeding success.