Learn about lifestyle choices and situations that affect your life that you may be wondering about when breastfeeding/chestfeeding.
Some of the topics covered:
- Dietary considerations
- Pregnancy spacing
- Breastfeeding and COVID-19 - BC Centre of Disease Control
Breastfeeding protects babies when they are sick and when others around them are sick.
- COVID-19 and breastfeeding FAQ - Perinatal Services BC
A printable resource to answer common questions about breastfeeding during the pandemic.
- Being sick and breastfeeding - Kellymom
Resource for breastfeeding your baby when you are sick.
- Breastfeeding my baby - Perinatal Services BC
Learn about breastfeeding since it is the normal and healthiest way to feed your baby.
- Increasing breast milk supply
The brochure provides information about increasing milk supply for breastfeeding mothers.
English | Arabic | Simplified Chinese | Traditional Chinese | Farsi | Korean | Vietnamese
- Healthy eating for pregnancy and breastfeeding
Brochure on healthy eating during pregnancy and breastfeeding
English | Arabic | Traditional Chinese | French
- Nutrition while breastfeeding - HealthLink BC
Guidance on eating various foods can help you get all the nutrients you need while breastfeeding.
- Nutrition for the breastfeeding mother - Alberta Health Services
A resource for health care professionals to support breastfeeding mothers.
- Mercury in fish - HealthLinkBC
Information on the mercury content of fish
- Healthy weight loss after pregnancy - Unlockfood.ca
Read on to get tips to lose weight healthily and gradually.
- Breastfeeding: Exercise and weight loss - HealthLink BC
Information on exercising and weight loss while breastfeeding.
- Baby's Best Chance - Exercise (Page 22)
Resource on exercising prenatally, postpartum and during breastfeeding
- Weight loss products - La Leche League Virginia
Information for breastfeeding mothers to avoid taking dietary supplements and herbal medicines.
- Family planning
Learn about birth control options and things to consider before you plan your next pregnancy.
- Baby’s Best Chance - Family Planning (Page 61)
Resource providing information on family planning after having a baby.
- Breastfeeding and sex: Five surprising facts - New Parent Support
Feeding your baby can have a huge impact on your sex life – in a whole load of different ways.
- Sex after childbirth - HealthLink BC
Resource for sex after childbirth.
- Birth control methods - Options for Sexual Health
Check out fast facts on birth control methods.
- Contraception - Society of Gynecologists of Canada
Information on contraception options, including a downloadable booklet on effectiveness and other helpful tips
- Baby’s Best Chance - Medications, caffeine, alcohol, smoking, drugs and breastfeeding (Page 102)
Resource providing information about medications, caffeine, alcohol, smoking, drugs during breastfeeding
Mixing alcohol and breastfeeding - Best Start
Resource for mothers and partners about drinking alcohol while breastfeeding.
Learn more about cannabis and pregnancy - Society of Gynecologists of Canada
Being aware of the potentially harmful effects of cannabis on a healthy pregnancy and your baby’s development is important.
Things you need to know about cannabis, pregnancy and breastfeeding - Society of Gynecologists of Canada
Printable resource for eight things you need to know about cannabis, pregnancy and breastfeeding
Opioid agonist therapy and substance use in breastfeeding
This pamphlet looks at opioid agonist therapy, substance use, alcohol use, and cannabis product use in breastfeeding women or who wish to breastfeed their baby.
Natural health products - HealthLink BC
Information on natural health products.
Mental health and substance use resources you can trust.