Become a volunteer at CareLife Fleetwood.
Volunteers are important members of the health care team. They offer service and support to our residents while enhancing the overall experience at CareLife Fleetwood.
Volunteers must meet the following requirements to be a successful candidate:
- Minimum age: 18 years
- Minimum commitment: 60 hours - once a week (two hours) every week
- Valid BC Services Card is needed to obtain a Criminal Record Check
- Proficient in English
- Immunizations required: COVID-19 and Flu Vaccines
We are looking for volunteers that are outgoing and have a high level of self-confidence, self-awareness and adaptability. Some previous volunteer or work experience is preferred. Good communication and customer service skills are essential. You must feel confident in volunteering with seniors with medical/cognitive conditions. Must show the initiative and ability to work independently.
Volunteers support the Recreation or Rehab staff with programs that enrich the lives of our residents by offering activities to engage in social and mental stimulation.
- Bingo, music, sing-a-long, chiming, word games, arts and crafts, manicures, ice cream cart, fitness, rehab mobilization, etc.
- Assist Recreation and Rehab staff with transporting the residents (some in wheelchairs) to and from the programs.
- Engage with residents to provide a fun, socially positive environment as well as assist staff with the organization, set up and take down of special events.
Complete the online application form.
- Step 1 Application: Complete the application form
- Step 2 Interview: Only candidates who qualify for available positions will be contacted for an initial interview
- Step 3 Screening: Criminal record check and references will be required
- Step 4 Orientation: Attend a volunteer orientation session
- Step 5 Placement: Training and placement following orientation