Eagle Ridge Hospital is actively recruiting health care volunteers for multiple positions. Please visit our webpage to view current and future volunteer opportunities: Volunteer@ERHPortMoody
Volunteers are important members of the health care team. They offer service and support to our patients, families, visitors and frontline staff providers while enhancing patient care and the overall experience at Eagle Ridge Hospital and Manor. They contribute to the health of our Tri-Cities community.
- Minimum age: 19 years
- Availability: A minimum of one shift per week for a minimum four month period (16 weeks/16 shifts; shift duration is a minimum of two hours, and up to four hours)
- Compliance with immunization standards:
- Annual flu vaccine
- Proof of vaccination: COVID-19
Benefits of volunteering
Volunteers make an immeasurable difference in people's lives and often serve with the intention of helping others. Did you know that volunteering can benefit your health, as well? Research has shown that volunteering offers many health benefits, especially for older adults, post-secondary and high school students, including:
- Improves physical and mental health
- Provides a sense of purpose and teaches valuable skills
- Nurtures new and existing relationships
- Improves specific health care system knowledge
- Presents job opportunities, and references for employment or academic programs
- Contributes to the overall goal of healthy people, healthy community
Step one: Complete the online application in detail. We will reach out to you via email with information to guide you through the next steps. Thank you for your healthcare volunteer application.
Step two: Health care volunteer screening process includes:
- Criminal record check – B.C. Ministry of Justice
- Reference checks – two required
Step three: Required health care volunteer orientation and training includes:
- Online orientation/training courses
- In-person orientation/training
Step four: Placement. Welcome to our health care volunteer team!
Please be advised all volunteers and all programs adhere to all current guidelines for COVID-19 precautions.
General Inquires: ERHVolunteerResources@fraserhealth.ca.