Become a volunteer at Surrey Memorial Hospital and Jim Pattison Outpatient Care and Surgery Centre in Surrey.
Volunteers are important contributors for enhancing patient and family-centred care at Surrey Memorial Hospital and Jim Pattison Outpatient Care and Surgery Centre in Surrey.
Volunteer Resources strive to develop and maintain roles that support positive patient and family care experiences. We take pride in finding the right match for successful volunteer engagement.
We recognize the decision to volunteer comes from personal motivation within oneself and when seen as a genuine act, has a powerful effect on others that tends to inspire. This is the kind of human-to-human connection we strive to create at Surrey Memorial Hospital and Jim Pattison Outpatient Care and Surgery Centre in Surrey.
We celebrate diversity and inclusiveness and welcome all people (16 years and older) to apply.
Volunteer program opportunities
Volunteers provide information, wayfinding, clerical, social, emotional, and/or psychological support in the following areas:
|Surrey Memorial Hospital||Jim Pattison Outpatient Care and Surgery Centre in Surrey|
Surrey Memorial Hospital Auxiliary
The Surrey Memorial Hospital Auxiliary is a group of community members who give thousands of hours annually to support health care in the Surrey community. Areas of involvement include:
- Lottery Booth: Provide customer service and ticket sales in the onsite lotto booth.
- Gift Cart: Accompany the mobile cart to offer hospitalized patients an opportunity to purchase items at their bedside.
Surrey Memorial Hospital affiliates with various community volunteer agencies.
Surrey Hospice Society: Visitation volunteers provide support to terminally ill patients and their families and friends on the Surrey Memorial Hospital palliative care unit.
Volunteers must meet the following requirements to be a successful candidate:
- Proof of full COVID-19 vaccination
- Mandatory compliance to Fraser Health Influenza Policy
- Proof of immunity to measles
- Criminal record check
- Minimum age: 16 - 18 years (depending on the program). Parent/Legal guardian consent required under age 18.
- Minimum commitment: 6 months (one shift per week on a consistent day)
- Mandatory new volunteer orientation curriculum and group orientation session
Only candidates who qualify for available positions will be contacted for an interview. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Applications are kept on file for consideration for four months.
- Step 1 Application: Complete the application form
- Step 2 Interview: Only candidates who qualify for available positions will be contacted for an initial interview.
- Step 3 Screening: Criminal record check and two references will be required
- Step 4 Orientation: Mandatory completion of new volunteer orientation curriculum and virtual group orientation session.
- Step 5 Placement: Training and placement following orientation
View current opportunities and complete the application form below.