Become a volunteer at Surrey Memorial Hospital and Jim Pattison Outpatient Care and Surgery Centre.
Volunteers are important members of the health care team. They offer service and support to our patients, residents, families and visitors while enhancing patient care and the overall experience at Surrey Memorial Hospital and Jim Pattison Outpatient Care and Surgery Centre.
View a list of current available opportunities (keyword search: SMH or JPOCSC).
Surrey Memorial Hospital Auxiliary
The Surrey Memorial Hospital Auxiliary is a group of community members who give thousands of hours annually to support health care in the Surrey community. Areas of involvement include:
- Gift Shop: Assist with retail and customer service in the onsite gift shop.
- Lottery Booth: Provide customer service and ticket sales in the onsite lotto booth.
- Gift Cart: Accompany the mobile cart to offer hospitalized patients an opportunity to purchase items at their bedside.
- Penny Savers’ Thrift Shop: Help with customer service, cashier and organize gently used items in the offsite thrift shop.
Community volunteers contribute by providing information, wayfinding, clerical, social, emotional, and/or psychological support in the following areas:
|Surrey Memorial Hospital||Jim Pattison Outpatient Care and Surgery Centre|
Surrey Memorial Hospital is also fortunate to have partnerships with many agencies:
Volunteers must meet the following requirements to be a successful candidate:
- A criminal record check
- Minimum age: 16 - 18 years (depending on the program)
- Minimum commitment: 6 months
Complete application form. Intakes take place in February, May, August and November.
- Step 1 Application: Complete the application form
- Step 2 Interview: Only candidates who qualify for available positions will be contacted for an initial interview
- Step 3 Screening: Criminal record check and references will be required
- Step 4 Orientation: Attend a volunteer orientation session
- Step 5 Placement: Training and placement following orientation