Become a volunteer at Czorny Alzheimer Centre.
Volunteers are important members of the health care team. They offer service and support to our residents while enhancing the overall experience at Czorny Alzheimer Centre.
Volunteers must meet the following requirements to be a successful candidate:
- Minimum age: 16 years
- Minimum commitment: 60 hours – once a week (two hours) every week
- Valid BC Services Card is needed to obtain a Criminal Record Check
- Proficient in English
- Immunizations required: COVID-19 and Flu Vaccines
We are looking for volunteers that are outgoing and have a high level of self-confidence, self-awareness and adaptability. Some previous volunteer or work experience is preferred. Good communication and customer service skills are essential. You must feel confident in volunteering with seniors with Alzheimer's and/or Dementia. Must show the initiative and ability to work independently.
Volunteers support the site and the Recreation team with programs that enrich the lives of our residents by offering activities to engage in social and mental stimulation.
- Music, sing-a-long, arts and crafts, coffee shop, men’s club, bingo, active games, seasonal parties, entertainment and much more.
- One-to-one visitation.
- Site projects that enhance the residents’ quality of life.
- Special events: Supports residents in getting to and from special events, and assists with all aspects of events, decorating, setting up to tidying up.
- Most importantly, volunteers engage with residents to provide a fun, socially positive environment.
- Shifts: between 9:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Complete the online application form.
- Step 1 Application: Complete the application form
- Step 2 Interview: Only candidates who qualify for available positions will be contacted for an initial interview
- Step 3 Screening: Criminal record check and two references will be required
- Step 4 Orientation: Attend a volunteer orientation session
- Step 5 Placement: Training and placement following orientation