Become a volunteer at Czorny Alzheimer Centre.
Volunteers are important members of the health care team. They offer service and support to our residents while enhancing the overall experience at Czorny Alzheimer Centre.
Please note some areas may not have vacancies in the program.
- Recreation therapy program support volunteer: Daytime shifts only, Monday through Friday
- Music volunteers: Provide light background music and/or entertainment to small and large groups in a variety of settings
- Special events: Supports residents in getting to and from special events, and assists with all aspects of events, from setting up to tidying up. Most importantly, volunteers engage with residents to provide a fun, socially-positive environment
Volunteers must meet the following requirements to be a successful candidate:
- A current criminal record check and references
- Minimum age: 19 years
- Minimum commitment: Six months (few hours each week on a regular day and time)
- Proficient in English
- Some prior knowledge of cognitive impairment (for example, Alzheimer's Disease) is preferred
Complete the online application form.
- Step 1 Application: Complete the application form
- Step 2 Interview: Only candidates who qualify for available positions will be contacted for an initial interview
- Step 3 Screening: Criminal record check and two references will be required
- Step 4 Orientation: Attend a volunteer orientation session
- Step 5 Placement: Training and placement following orientation