Become a volunteer at Queen's Park Care Centre.
Volunteers are important members of the health care team. They offer service and support to our patients, residents, families and visitors while enhancing the overall experience at Queen’s Park Care Centre.
Please note there may not be vacancies in some areas:
- Gift Shop (run by the Queen’s Park Health Care Volunteer Society)
- Rehabilitation programs
- Therapeutic recreation programs
- Music therapy
- Exercise programs (physiotherapy)
- One-to-one visitation
- Pet therapy
- Special events and site projects
To learn more about our current volunteer opportunities click here.
Queen’s Park Care Centre affiliates with the following community volunteer agencies:
Volunteers must meet the following requirements to be a successful candidate:
- Proof of full COVID-19 vaccination
- Mandatory compliance to Fraser Health Influenza Policy
- Minimum age: 16 years (highschool student applicants must be in School District 40/41)
- Minimum commitment: six months (one weekly two to five hour shift)
- A current criminal record check and two references
- Proficient in English
Complete the online application form.
- Step 1 Application: Complete the application form
- Step 2 Interview: Only candidates who qualify for available positions will be contacted for an initial interview
- Step 3 Screening: Criminal record check and references will be required
- Step 4 Orientation: Attend a volunteer orientation session
- Step 5 Placement: Training and placement following orientation