Become a volunteer at Queen's Park Care Centre.
Volunteers are important members of the health care team. They are citizens of our community, offer service and support to our residents while enhancing the overall experience at Queen's Park Care Centre.
There may not be vacancies in some areas.
- Gift shop
- One-to-one visits
- Pet visits
- Recreation programs
- Music therapy programs
- Community bus outings
- Spiritual care
Volunteers must meet the following requirements to be a successful candidate:
- A current criminal record check and two references
- Minimum age: 16 years and in School District 40/41
- Minimum commitment: Six months for one shift per week
- Proficient in English
Complete the online application form.
- Step 1 Application: Complete the application form
- Step 2 Interview: Only candidates who qualify for available positions will be contacted for an initial interview
- Step 3 Screening: Criminal record check and references will be required
- Step 4 Orientation: Attend a volunteer orientation session
- Step 5 Placement: Training and placement following orientation