Become a volunteer at Ridge Meadows Hospital.
We are currently accepting applicants age 18+. If you are a resident of Maple Ridge or Pitt Meadows interested in volunteering, please complete an online application.
Volunteers are important members of the health care team. They offer service and support to our patients, families and visitors while enhancing patient care and the overall experience at Ridge Meadows Hospital.
Volunteers who can commit to weekly two to four hour shifts for at least eight months are encouraged to apply.
Opportunities (not all areas have vacancies)
- Ambulatory Care volunteer
- Ambulatory Care greeter
- Cast Clinic volunteer
- Code K9 Pet Therapy volunteer
- Day Program for Older Adults volunteer
- Emergency Department greeter
- Long-Term Care Recreation volunteer
- Main Entrance greeter
- Real Time Patient Experience Survey volunteer
- TLC Visiting volunteer
- Walking Program volunteer
- Virtual Visits assistant
Volunteers must meet the following requirements to be successful candidates:
- 18+ or graduated from secondary school (current secondary students see below for opportunities)
- A current criminal record check
- Proof of full vaccination for Covid-19
- Proof of seasonal flu vaccination and immunity to measles
- Minimum commitment of eight months (vacations can be accommodated)
- Ability to attend a regularly scheduled two to four-hour shift once a week
- Willingness to follow current infection control protocols
- Proficient in English
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
Allow 30 minutes to complete your application.
- Step 1 Application: Complete the application form
- Step 2 Interview: Only candidates who qualify for available position will be contacted for an initial interview.
- Step 3 Screening: Criminal record check and references will be required
- Step 4 Orientation: Attend a volunteer orientation session
- Step 5 Placement: Training and placement following orientation
Our VolunTEEN Program is open to students in grades 10-12 who live and/or attend school in Maple Ridge and Pitt Meadows and is offered in partnership with School District #42 and local private schools. Applicants must live or go to school in Maple Ridge or Pitt Meadows.
We currently accept applications for this program two times per year – in the spring for volunteer placements starting in May (applications accepted in March and April) and in the fall for placements commencing in November (applications accepted in September and October). Link available below when applications are being accepted.
Check back in Spring 2024 to submit your application online.
Ridge Meadows Hospice Society
The Ridge Meadows Hospice Society provides support and care to the individuals and their loved ones experiencing the end of life journey, grief and bereavement. Learn more on how you can become a volunteer.