Become a volunteer at Langley Memorial Hospital and Residential Care.
Volunteers are important members of the health care team. They offer service and support to our patients, families and visitors, while enhancing patient care and the overall experience at Langley Memorial Hospital and Residential Care.
- Emergency host: Provide support, information to patients, families and visitors in the Emergency department.
- Gift Shop: Assist with daily operations, including opening and closing of the shop, sales and restocking merchandise.
- Welcome and Information Desk: Support patients, visitors and clients of the hospital by providing information, assisting with directions and escorting clients to units when needed. Assist with maintaining a tidy lobby.
- Dining room host: Help deliver meal trays and assist patients by opening containers and adding condiments during the meal service. Visit, socialize and provide support to patients and their families.
- Walk and Talk companions: Provide support to patients of the PATH Unit by visiting and communicating while on a friendly walk.
- Residential companions: Provide socialization to the residents in the residential care and assisted living units.
- Spiritual care
Volunteers must meet the following requirements to be a successful candidate:
- A current criminal record check and references
- Minimum age: 19 years (excludes VolunTEEN Program)
- Minimum commitment of six months
- Proficient in English
Adult application process
Complete application form.
Our intake process takes 6-8 weeks from the time that we contact you. It is a multi-step process designed to ensure the safety of our patients, residents and clients.
- Step 1 Application: Complete the application form
- Step 2 Interview: Only candidates who qualify for available position will be contacted for an initial interview.
- Step 3 Screening: Criminal record check and references will be required
- Step 4 Orientation: Complete an online orientation
- Step 5 Placement: Training and placement following orientation
- Langley Hospice Society. Provides emotional, practical and spiritual support for people who are living with a terminal illness, their family and friends, throughout the last stages of illness, at the time of death and bereavement.
- Penny Pincher Thrift Shop. Raises funds in support of Langley Memorial Hospital.