Become a volunteer at Delta Hospital.
Volunteers are important members of the health care team. They offer service and support to our patients, families and visitors while enhancing the overall experience at Delta Hospital.
Please note some areas may not have vacancies in the program.
- Hospital care: Emergency Room greeting, Information Desk, patient visitors
- Long term care: Resident visitors, gardening, supporting recreation therapy programs and music
Volunteers must meet the following requirements to be a successful candidate:
- A current criminal record check and references
- Minimum age: 19 years
- Minimum commitment: Six months (once a week on a regular day and time)
- Proficient in English
Complete the online application form.
- Step 1 Application: Complete the application form
- Step 2 Interview: Only candidates who qualify for available positions will be contacted for an initial interview
- Step 3 Screening: Criminal record check and two references will be required
- Step 4 Orientation: Attend a volunteer orientation session
- Step 5 Placement: Training and placement following orientation